3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

biped problems

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Video Fx Universebiped problems
by on Feb 7, 2008 at 7:01:04 pm

1. When animating the biped to do the walk using footsteps, i have found that i cannot animate the biped afterwards. I get some sort of error saying “you cant animate after applying footsteps” or something like that, why is this?

2. Also when you have multiple objects around the biped like a helmet or back pack, sometimes they do not move with the biped but stay behind. Do i have to link them to the biped or the clothes attached to it. I noticed that the biped does strange things when you group objects, for instance it comes out of the clothes over the top of it

3. also is there a way to control the speed of the biped walking, because i am doing a moon scene and i notice bipeds seem to do a power walk.

Alternativly is there a program or max plugin that can easily or automatically add bipeds to characters

Return to posts index

Threehead StudiosRe: biped problems
by on Mar 9, 2008 at 5:01:43 pm

"3ds Max Animation with Biped" is a great reference when working with bipeds, Its short and to the point, and I would recommend reading it before getting too deep into working with bipeds.

1. Once you apply the footsteps, you cannot change the animation, unless you remove the keyframes, and redo the animation.

2. Never group bipeds, always parent (preferably to bones, but different situations, require different methods.

Good luck

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved