3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

a few modeling questions

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
shawn depreya few modeling questions
by on Feb 7, 2008 at 1:26:28 am

Hi. Im a new-b who has just started getting into modeling. I messed with 3ds max for a little over a month now and I feel that I am ready to start with modeling. I found this really sweet tutorial that explains everything that I was wondering how to do but the problem is. some things aren't explained thurouly enough. so heres my few questions to this community.

Question 1: How do I go about making the very first picture in this tutorial? It is obviously in the viewport but i can SEE THE BITMAPS! Not only that but they are aligned correctly. Can someone please explain to me the process of setting this up?

Question 2: I understand how the first 6 polygons were created in the link below but about half way down the page all of a sudden polygons are being added left and right and up and down!!! I know how to make a plane but i know creating this plane by plane is not how it was done. Can somebody please explain to me how to do this?

Well that's all the questions that I have for now but chances are good that I will have more in the future. Thanks for your time!

Return to posts index

Ihor SoloveyRe: a few modeling questions
by on Feb 7, 2008 at 3:48:57 pm

Hi, Shawn! About your Question 1: You are not totally right. These pictures are not in the viewport. They are as texture on the two planes, that are perpendicular located. So, you must create two perpendicular planes and set them corresponding texture of the girl (for first - face, for second - profile).

Return to posts index

Ihor SoloveyRe:About Ouestion 2
by on Feb 7, 2008 at 4:14:51 pm

About new polygons. There are some ways to create new polygons in that case. The simplest of them, I think, is next: Select edges, that you need, and just move them with Shift-key. When you want to create new polygons around existing, select and scale them with Shift-key. It's very simply! :)

Return to posts index

shawn depreyRe: Re:About Ouestion 2
by on Feb 12, 2008 at 9:06:31 pm

BINGO! this is like a copy thing to isnt it. I was able to make an exact copy of an object with it. NO MORE IMPORTING :D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved