3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

FumeFX question

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan StolfusFumeFX question
by on Jan 12, 2008 at 5:38:50 pm

I am trying to adjust the size or width of the flames. To try to be more specific, I am looking for more "benevolent" fire. Right now it seems fairly angry and immense. I started with the campfire tutorial that comes with FumeFX thinking that would give me a good jump. I tried several things but thought adjusting the noise map in turbulance slot would make the most sense, but it didn't seem to make much of a difference. I am re-simulating as well. Basically, I would like fire that has tendrils that are wider, wispier and less active than the campfire tutorial.
There are zero decent tutorials on fumeFx from what I have found. And the tutorials and help that come with the product did not help me. Anybody know of any tutorials out there? I was a little disappointed when I logged into my members area support section to find no tutorials or help on this product. They have alot for dreamscape and afterburn.
Thanks for the help in advance. I have a project due this next monday :0

Return to posts index

Shirak AgrestaRe: FumeFX question
by on Jul 28, 2008 at 11:40:06 pm

Try dialing down the turbulence and turning up the turbulence scale. Lower scale=more/smaller turbulence. I just noticed that you posted this in January, so you've probably figured this out by now, but in case you haven't...

Julius Caesar and the Roman Empire couldn't conquer the blue sky.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved