3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Biped Animation Info "HELP" Needed

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cutterBiped Animation Info "HELP" Needed
by on Dec 10, 2007 at 3:12:00 pm

I am hammering out the movement on a character in a small clip. This is the precursor to a larger student/artist film. Is there a good, REALISTIC source for information about using motion capture files with manual .bip files in the motion mixer? I am willing to learn how to rig if necessary. The tutorial and help files in Max are not meant for user consumption and do not seem to be suited for anything but the Fiddler. Or, is this how it is in the real world? Yikes!

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Biped Animation Info "HELP" Needed
by on Dec 12, 2007 at 3:20:52 pm

There is a very good Biped E-course available (free) on the Autodesk website. I comes with sample files (all in a zip) and pretty much walks you through the new features of Biped in Max 8, and gives you a very good grounding in the actual use of Biped in the real world (so to speak).

There is a whole series of these tutorials on many of the features of Max, and each one gives you an in-depth walk through and work along with the feature. They make the written tutorials look pretty weak, although my impression is that Max is so deep, NO tutorial on a given feature will give you a working knowledge of how to apply it.

Do some searching out on the web, and you'll find literally hundreds of tutorials that DO take you by the hand and walk you through the actual usage of Max. But be prepared to spend hours, days, and months. I've been using Max for upwards of five years, and I've barely scratched the surface of its feature set.

Joe Bourke
Art Director / WMUR-TV

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved