3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

I cant get my holes to show up in 3Ds max!!!!

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ejunyor
I cant get my holes to show up in 3Ds max!!!!
on Nov 8, 2007 at 7:55:18 pm

Greetings Everyone,

I have been trying - looking over tutorials, reading and searching but no answer. I've created a logo in Ai, and I'm trying to import it into Max - no problem... but when I add a bevel to it the holes disappear! How can I beat this?

-frustrated ejunyor.

Return to posts index

samuel01
Re: I cant get my holes to show up in 3Ds max!!!!
on Nov 9, 2007 at 11:39:46 am

3 things to look at :

- the spline : be sure that all the spline which compose your logo are in the same spline. if not use the button "attach" to correct it. to avoid this, when you import the .ai check "single object" in the "shape import" window.

- vertex : takes care to each vertex if the spline is not broken, or if there are multiple vertex at the same location.

- the "bevel" modifier : takes care of the value of the bevel, if it's to huge it can create strange volume.

a good things to do when you import a .ai spline, is to clean the spline of all the unecessary vertex before applied any modifier.

hope this help
samuel

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Nov 9, 2007 at 4:54:41 pm

One of the most frequent issues that causes problems with .ai files in Max is the size of the graphic once you've imported it. I always import the graphic as a single vector, then scale the whole thing up about 1000 percent.

Check out this tutorial from Peachpit Press (although it's for Max 4, the issues are still the same):

http://www.peachpit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=23690&rl=1

Joe Bourke
Art Director / WMUR-TV

Return to posts index

ejunyor
on Nov 12, 2007 at 7:30:07 pm

thanks guys for the input!

ejunyor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]