3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Synthesizing crowd delegates - help

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nomigSynthesizing crowd delegates - help
by on Nov 2, 2007 at 4:59:58 pm

hi there,

I have set up a crowd along with motion and animation states in the Global Controllers rollout. After setting up the synthesis parameters, I hit 'synthesize all' (50 crowd delegates) and the computer begins the process and never ends. I left it for 24 hours and it was still processing. The computer hasn't crashed but certainly max is unresponsive. Processing is maxed on the computer during this time. I loaded the project onto a better computer (quad core) to see if it was just the computer I was using and opted to 'synthesize selected' with only one item selected. Same thing happened where the computer went into extreme processing for over 24hours.

The project is about 30 seconds long with 50 crowd members very close together.

Is this normal behaviour because it pretty much makes it unuseable.... does anyone have any advice on how to optimize crowd projects or perhaps any help on how to avoid my situation? or perhaps any idea on what is going on?......

Return to posts index

nomigRe: Synthesizing crowd delegates - help
by on Nov 2, 2007 at 6:59:55 pm

just a little follow-up:

i've tried it on both 3ds max 9 sp2 & 3ds max 2008.

i get the progress meter when i hit synthesize but there is never any progress in the bar or via the numeric percentage.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved