3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Animate Slider Manipulator

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
PRgraphistAnimate Slider Manipulator
by on Aug 29, 2007 at 1:10:28 am

How I can animate a slider manipulator. I try Auto key mode but, when I move the slider Max don't produce a key

Return to posts index

Thomas WilliamsRe: Animate Slider Manipulator
by on Jun 15, 2008 at 11:39:10 am

I am animating a robot and when I added sliders to animate my robots face I could not use the autokey feature. Did you actually work out how to do this?

Return to posts index

Touko MaksimainenRe: Animate Slider Manipulator
by on May 18, 2009 at 9:26:16 am

I'm having the same problem. The reason autokey doesn't work is that the value is not keyable. Why exactly that is, I don't know. I suspect it has something to do with the way the wire parametres have been set up. I initially had a two-way connection between the slider and the corresponding dummies but changing it to one way connection didn't help.
Now I'm stuck with a rigging setup that uses slider manipulators that don't animate. I'm sure there is a way to animate them, otherwise what's the point for them to exist in max?

Return to posts index

Joel FreemanRe: Animate Slider Manipulator
by on Nov 3, 2009 at 3:36:30 am

I think I figured it out. I am using Max 9 (could just be a bug with 3ds max 9). I noticed that I could sometimes animate the slider and sometimes not. I think if you create a slider then wire its value to a parameter then try to adjust the slider properties, the slider wont work.

Now if I adjust the properties first (then do a quick animation test on the slider to make sure it works) THEN wire its value to your parameter, it should then animate correctly. That's what seemed to do the trick for me. Let us know if someone finds a better solution.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved