3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Ghostrider - Fire effect

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DoohniborGhostrider - Fire effect
by on Jun 6, 2007 at 7:09:46 pm

does anyone know how the fire effect used in ghostrider could be matched as close as possible with max?

this was by far the best cg fire i've ever seen and after a little research i found that the original was done with a combination of houdini and a custom written plugin for maya.

i know about phoenix for max, (which i havent seen in action) but it looks abit outdated from what i could see from the screenshots. and i know that afterburn might be a possibility to try.

are there any high quality fire plugins - solutions for max?

if not, what would be an alternative to come close to the effect they used in the movie, since i guess there is no possibility to lay hands on the plugins they used since they are internal.

Return to posts index

the theoryRe: Ghostrider - Fire effect
by on Jun 9, 2007 at 7:57:25 pm

What you need there is FumeFX, by the same company which produced AfterBurn and DreamScape for 3dsmax. FumeFX is great high end solution for fluid simulation within max. Excellent results. If you want to see some examples, just go search up FumeFX on youtube, there are some pretty cool test videos there :D

Not the answer, it's the theory.

Return to posts index

DoohniborRe: Ghostrider - Fire effect
by on Jun 14, 2007 at 11:46:44 pm

thanks alot. from what i just saw it seems like this is indeed what i was looking for ; )
just strange that i have not heard about it til now. this plug moved completely under my radar.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved