3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Export 3ds max camera into AFX Problem

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cowcow
Dani24Export 3ds max camera into AFX Problem
by on Apr 29, 2007 at 2:47:06 pm

Hi

Im sorry if this is a simple question but im really lost. Im having trouble importing Camera data from 3DS Max into After effects. When i try and create a camera from the rpf file in AFX it seems to be pointing the wrong way and instead of following the camera path created in max the point of interest changes instead. Its like the camera is back to front.

I have followed the instructions given by Chris and Trish Meyer in their book with no success...

Ive also tried selecting coverage, z depths and alpha channels when rendering from max, and really can't think of what else im doing wrong.

Do i need to be changing some settings in 3Dmax so AFX can understand the files?

Return to posts index

electrodanRe: Export 3ds max camera into AFX Problem
by on May 15, 2007 at 6:26:07 pm

Hey did you figure this out? I'm trying to bring a Max camera into AE but don't know where to begin. Can you help me out?

Return to posts index

electrodanRe: Export 3ds max camera into AFX Problem
by on May 15, 2007 at 10:37:48 pm

Ok..I got mine to work. At first the camera didn't move the way it did in max...so I made sure that during the whole camera move there is visible geometry. If your rendering black frames...there is no information being saved in the rpf file. Just put some spheres and boxes in your scene. Hope this helps ....it did for me.

Return to posts index

Dani24Re: Export 3ds max camera into AFX Problem
by on May 16, 2007 at 9:34:27 am

I never solved my problem but ill try this out now.
I wasnt sure if it was to do with my scale in 3dsmax. But this sounds like it might be a solution as i only had a simple plane in my 3dsmax file.

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]