3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Not enough memory to complete...

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JusNot enough memory to complete...
by on Mar 3, 2007 at 9:37:57 am

Hi there

I've got some students that are encountering this message, just as a render is going to complete, which is most frustrating for them...

...they are unable to save the image on their laptops...

...These are large scenes that have been imported from CAD as dwg's with multiple layers and alot of detail... They are wanting to output stills of A4 print res (3508 wide) which means lengthy renders only for them to hand at the last...We have reduced the pixel res down until Max will render, but the res is too small for print!

My only suggestions to them have been to allocate a larger virtual memory cache and lay out for some more RAM. Is there any other way we can render large print res images of complex scenes with mid-spec laptops?

Thx very much

Return to posts index

Tom JulianoRe: Not enough memory to complete...
by on Mar 3, 2007 at 10:12:50 am

Ok here is something that I posted a long time ago that may help you. The 1st link deals with an EPS format and the 2nd link deals with Blowup Regions in Max. I used to use the Blowup Regions technique often when working with large format media. Just take your finals into PhotoShop if you have it available to put them together.

Another note: from this thread below, the gentleman after my post mentions how you can take your image into PhotoShop and just as easy, convert it to a 300dpi file just by rendering a certain sized custom image in Max.

Personally though, I use Genuine Fractals to convert my media for large format. But that I'm sure is out of the question for your students - :>P

Hope these links help you...

1. http://www.creativecow.net/forum/read_post.php?postid=105926586415411&forum...

2. http://www.creativecow.net/forum/read_post.php?postid=105926925594596&forum...

and don't forget this one because I goofed on the details for #2:

Return to posts index

JusRe: Not enough memory to complete...
by on Mar 4, 2007 at 11:09:59 am

Hi Tom

thx very much indeed for that. Those are the techniques that we will need to apply.

I think I will get them doing a quick assignment that utilises both the blowup region render and saves as the eps filetype to give them some more options in Photoshop.

Thanks again

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved