3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Boolean question

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
myx_motionBoolean question
by on Feb 7, 2007 at 6:04:12 am

Hi all,

I've created a somewhat complicated logo with splines and then I extruded them. However, I found that I was unable to boolean an extruded spline shape to another extruded spline shape. This was not the case when I used a simple box and a sphere to perform the boolean. Can someone offer some assistance?? I really need to boolean my spline shapes to complete this project.

Many Thanks,

Return to posts index

Lazlo HollyfeldRe: Boolean question
by on Feb 11, 2007 at 2:36:33 pm

My first guess is that you probably have to convert the extruded object to an editable poly or apply the "edit mesh" modifier to it. One of those may work? To convert to "editable poly" just right click and it should be there under "convert to:".

Hope that helps!

Return to posts index

MechadusRe: Boolean question
by on Feb 21, 2007 at 3:51:57 pm

Saddly, Booleans are about the easiest way in MAX to generate horrid geometry... Its been my experience that they sorta work when they want to, and of the times they actually work, pretty regularly mess up in some way or another... I generaly get better results using the "shape merge" compound object - Im sorry this really isnt all that helpfull, but in all honesty, Ive found the key to using booleans in MAX is to avoid them all together

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved