3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Scatter Plots in 3D

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
colordeafScatter Plots in 3D
by on Feb 1, 2007 at 2:55:21 am

Okay picture this.. you have a pizza box with 100 marbles in it. You shake the box violently and freeze time. I want to recreate this (just the still moment when you freeze it) in 3D. It's for representing pseudo-statistical data in a 3D graphing environment.

I've been playing with it by first making an array and then trying to add a modifier but I can't get what I want. I'm looking for something that will displace each marble uniquely by a value within a certain range.

Frustrated Thanks,

Return to posts index

Colin ThomsonRe: Scatter Plots in 3D - WOW!
by on Feb 3, 2007 at 4:36:02 am

WOW! What an excellent question. Here is the very quick process to get this shot.

Goto 3ds max 9 (in this case) HELP - Tutorials - Special Effects - Introduction to Reactor - "Setting up the Simulation"

Now at this point put your swist on things. Make sure you get your camera angles (and the frames "sweet spot")that you wish.

Final Rendering down with this (do small test reders first!)(320x240ish) I like 448x320. Goto Render Scene Dialog icon, then on tabs at the top hit - Renderer - Now near the bottom you'll see "Object Motion Blur" and "Image Motion Blur". If you are not familar with this type of stuff. Then look up -index search tab, then "object motion blur" AND! also look at "Image Motion Blur". Sorry gotta go ................... Hope this helps some ........

Colin Thomson

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved