3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Viewport Texture doesn't match render texture (rotation)

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DoctorSneyViewport Texture doesn't match render texture (rotation)
by on Jan 21, 2007 at 11:04:30 pm

hello folks,

I'm teaching myself 3dsmax and using it to create a new showreel intro for my editing and compositing work but I'm having a few issues:

my main model is a pretty simple section of cylinder with a chunk boolean'd out of it. I've applied a multimaterial texture to it, so that the mojority of the model is translucent, but the top face is a combustion texture with moving video and masked off areas. when I set 'display texture in viewport' to on. The texture appears in the right place, but is rotated by 90degrees. However it renders correctly!

Just to work with it , it looks wrong, which throws an element of guess work into my workflow that i don't want. If there any way to alter the way the texture is displayed independently of how it's rendered, then please fill me in.

if you think you can help, but need to see pictures of what I'm talking about then I can provide screenshots

Sney /

Return to posts index

roybarakRe: Viewport Texture doesn't match render texture (rotation)
by on Jan 23, 2007 at 1:04:39 am

My guess is that you need to apply UVW MAPPING modifier - for perfect stretch of your texture on the surface - i hope i understood your prob , - here is a great tuto for understanding the procrss

Return to posts index

Colin ThomsonRe: Viewport Texture doesn't match render texture (rotation)
by on Feb 3, 2007 at 5:35:10 am

Have you right clicked in the according viewport and "selected Texture Correction"? If you have, then I would like to see a couple of screen shots so I can see what's going on. Thanks ....

Colin Thomson

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved