3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

does Autodesk punish Europe?

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gaspedalodoes Autodesk punish Europe?
by on Jan 12, 2007 at 10:23:19 am

Hi, I wonder why Autodesk sells 3dsmax for 4250 Euro in Europe when they just want 2600 Euro in the US and Canada. They explicitly prohibit the use of an US licensed software in Europe. So when I buy Max in the US, put it on my notebook, in the moment I enter the plane to Europe I have to stop using it. Ins't that weird?

The situation is even more strange if you see how convinient you can order the software directly from their US website in a minute. While in Europe you'll have to contact a local reseller, who most often have pretty ugly websites where they still offer max8 as freshest product, and they don't even mention prices. In my case there isn't even one reseller where I live.

Then there are a lot of benefits for Autodesk users in the us. They have well trained people theat spread out and make exibitions, training courses, product presentations. I've been living in NY for a year. There you are pretty close to the Autodesk people and community. So you get a whole lotta more for your money than just the software.

And I, in the middle of old Europe, I should pay almost double the price for a inconvinient way of buying and no extra benefits?

Who can tell me why this is so?
Where do you get reasonable prices in Europe?

Return to posts index

Colin ThomsonRe: does Autodesk punish Europe?
by on Feb 3, 2007 at 5:44:40 am

When you get an answer, make sure you forward me it ..... BUD!

Colin Thomson

P.s. Daniel Colin Thomson, Scottish/Canadian Canada.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved