3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

buzzing lines on texture maps

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
zoltan77buzzing lines on texture maps
by on Sep 27, 2006 at 8:56:18 pm

I'm having a problem with texture bitmaps where any image that has fine lines in it will very obviously 'buzz' when rendered out. If I look at a still frame of the render, an approx single pixel dark line across a light background on the map will render very noticeably stair-stepped and aliased.

Is there way around this? I can't find any setting that will render maps properly smoothed. I don't think this is a field issue, I'm not rendering to fields. its a very simple scene, just images and movie clips mapped onto a cube, mostly defaut setting for everything.

Return to posts index

whalingRe: buzzing lines on texture maps
by on Oct 3, 2006 at 12:31:59 pm

Hello - try enabling supersampling in the material properties (also have to have to UNcheck 'Disable all samplers' in the render options F10). Assuming of course that you already have tried antialiasing and filter maps enabled in the render preferences...

Return to posts index

zoltan77Re: buzzing lines on texture maps
by on Oct 3, 2006 at 4:40:03 pm

that did the trick, thanks! I had figured out using blur offset in the bitmap map properties did a decent job of hiding the aliasing, but at the expense of a softer texture. this works much better.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved