3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Using my 3D Model in After Effects

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
deecleeUsing my 3D Model in After Effects
by on Sep 10, 2006 at 12:00:29 am

Hi! I created a diamond model in 3Ds Max and want to use it in AE. My question is: How do I export this model with all its properties in order to use in in AE and conserve its 3D properties. I exported the animation as MOV but obviously in AE, this MOV if flat. I wanna make some camera moves in AE but can't as I'll reveal the cheapness of my diamond. Anyone as an idea on how to solve this problem? thanks...

Return to posts index

VincentRe: Using my 3D Model in After Effects
by on Sep 11, 2006 at 2:21:52 pm

You need to save the files as rpf or rla and make sure you have coverage and Z Depth enabled.Better still, go to the AE Help and do a search for RPF and RLA, there's an blurb on what needs to be done to bring files into AE

Return to posts index

Edward MRe: Using my 3D Model in After Effects
by on Sep 13, 2006 at 9:07:55 pm

These Files are greate for allowing you to fo 3d effects in Ae like depth of field and so on however these files are still flat. they have a sort of gradiated mask that works in the background that tells AE how far diffrent parts of the immage are for certin effects.
There is no way as of yet to bring a 3d model into ae.
This is where Ae becomes a compositing application and not a 3D animation program.
I use RLA image sequences on a daily basis and if you would like more info on how to get the most out of them email me at emorden@latv.com

Return to posts index

Arson XLRe: Using my 3D Model in After Effects
by on Sep 16, 2006 at 11:45:05 am

you would need a 3rd party plug in called zaxworks invigorator.
it allows you to import 3d objects into AE and has its own rendering engine.
render the camera moves in max with an alpha channel and then import the footage into AE to composite.
and you can also render out rpf and rla versions for all the zdepth and object id alphas and all the goodies it can give you

Return to posts index

Merly CuzaRe: Using my 3D Model in After Effects
by on May 15, 2009 at 7:58:59 pm

Can you recommend which Invigorator version is enough for the beginner. The photoshop version seems pretty complete, but would I be better off with Classic?
Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved