3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Lost Materials window....

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Bentley
Lost Materials window....
on Aug 8, 2006 at 10:44:53 pm

I was using 2 monitors, now just one and when I start Max I cannot see the Materials panel...is there a reset hotkey or something to reset it to my single monitor?

Thanks in advance!

Steve

Steve

Return to posts index

MrKrane
Re: Lost Materials window....
on Aug 11, 2006 at 3:47:02 am

I had the same problem b4 and didn't find any hotkey so I had to hook up the 2nd monitor again. Then, on the display settings, where you arrange the position of the monitors, I putted the 2nd monitor everywhere around the 1st monitor (right, top-right, top, top-left, etc...). That took me a while but eventualy, I found my materials window on the far left of my main monitor.

It's there somewhere, just go get it!

Return to posts index

videoworx
on Aug 11, 2006 at 6:31:30 am

Easy solution...
1. Press "M" to bring up your Materials window (you can't see it, but you've made it active by pressing "M").
2. Press Alt+Space
3. Press Down Arrow once, then Enter
4. If your 2nd monitor was on the left, hold down the right arrow key for a few seconds. If your 2nd monitor was on the right, hold down the left arrow key for a few seconds. The Materials window will show up in a few seconds.

This trick works in any Windows application window...

Return to posts index

Wildfire
on Aug 14, 2006 at 10:34:06 am

Failing that I think you can reset the UI, just load in the default UI. Just make sure you save your keyboard config if you use a custom one.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]