3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Create path and align free camera?

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ghekkomanicCreate path and align free camera?
by on Aug 1, 2006 at 5:41:23 pm

Hi, I want to create a camera move where it first moves backwards through some buildings, then slowly rotates so it ends up looking down (on a city I'm creating).

What's the easiest way to make the camera move? I'm trying to figure out the path constraint options but am having a really hard time of it!!

Any help much appreciated people.

Return to posts index

WildfireRe: Create path and align free camera?
by on Aug 11, 2006 at 3:24:26 pm

If your not crossing any rotation axis's (I can't remember the plural for that) then use a target camera. You will find controlling the camera direction much easier.

Open the motion panel, click the Assign controller button and add path constraint. Then just pick your path. To control the speed of the path open up the graph editor, locate your path constraint and again add controller and pic bezier float. This way you can animate the speed, rather than being stuck with a linear curve.

If you want your caamer target to stay on the same path as the camera, repeat the above steps, but edit the keyframes so that the camer starts a little further down the path to the target and the target ends before 100%.

If you are set on using a Free camera, create a null and use a look at controller to control the camera direction.

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved