3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

path animation with a dummy

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rakitha
path animation with a dummy
on Jul 15, 2006 at 7:26:47 am

Hi,

I want to animate using a dummy, an object exsist on a path.

example: - i create a dummy 01 and path constrain it.So it goes along the path. I'll create dummy 02 and i wanted to move dummy 01 by only moving dummy 02.

note: The dummy 01 should stay on the path.

I tried linking dummy 01 to dummy 02 (dummy 01- child and dummy 02- parent) but didn't work at all.

please help me on this issue.

thanx.

Return to posts index

Wildfire
Re: path animation with a dummy
on Jul 18, 2006 at 11:02:30 am

What do you mean move Dummy 01 by moving Dummy 02? Do you mean use Dummy 02 as a switch so you rotate it and Dummy 01 moves or you want to drag Dummy 02 and have Dummy 01 follow it but stick to the path?

The first thing you need to do is to remove any keyframes from Dummy 01, so the path constraint is active but not animated. Then try linking Dummy 01 to Dummy 02.

I'm not entirely clear on what you're trying to achive, but that should get you started.

Return to posts index

Wildfire
on Jul 18, 2006 at 11:13:52 am

Nope scratch that, it doesn't work. You do need to delete the keyframes though. Can you not do it the other way around and have Dummy 02 following Dummy 01? I'll have a play around when I'm more alert and post back later on.

Return to posts index

rakitha
on Jul 19, 2006 at 6:08:26 pm

hey wildfire,

I found a solution. that is wiring the percentage of dummy 01 with dummy 02's possitions either x,y or z.

Obviously linking woant work. That was the first thing came to my mind or doing it.

bye.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]