3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Best way to learn?

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
SkeeterBest way to learn?
by on Jun 30, 2006 at 10:38:43 pm

I'm confortable with Adobe After effects, photoshop and premiere. But my company has 3ds Max in their systems and I'd like to learn how to use it.

I live in Vancouver BC and I'm wondering what the general consensus is on the best way to learn this program either thru night school/part-time studies, tutorials, exploring, on-line classes.. etc

This will be my first real venture into the 3D realm... I mostly taught myself using the cow for AE.. suggestions for 3ds Max??

Return to posts index

Arson XLRe: Best way to learn?
by on Jul 3, 2006 at 11:21:09 am

do all the tutorials. from page one on
they are great and have been since 3d studio r1
they hand hold you at the beginning through the basics and give you alot of technical info for the advanced stuff once you know what youre doing

also try http://www.3dtotal.com

Return to posts index

WildfireRe: Best way to learn?
by on Jul 7, 2006 at 1:55:32 pm

If your company will pay for it, get someone in for a day or so to show you around the package. The majority of 3D ios practice but the little tips and tricks are hard ot work out for yourself. Then progress on to DVDs and tutorials. They are great but they can be so much harder if you dont know your way around the software. It is a huge pain when you spend ages looking for buttons or trying to find out why the package is not doing something and its something simple such as pressing o and disabiling your transform gizmo.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved