3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

import/texturize object

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
espzeroimport/texturize object
by on Jun 6, 2006 at 7:02:43 pm

Hi everyone, ive looked around plentey and tryed to do it my self. I need to import an image and put it on a object. i dont know how. i tryed putting images in the image folder under the main 3ds directory and i couldnt find them in the program. this is so i can make a modle of a car. i made it a multi/sub object if i knew wat that ment it would help the tortrial i was following told me to do it just never said why. here a link to the thing i was trying to follow as for you guys to try and under stand wat im asking. http://www.3dm3.com/tutorials/vaz/ please help, thanks for you time.

Return to posts index

Steve WhiteleyRe: import/texturize object
by on Jun 6, 2006 at 7:26:30 pm

Hi there. This may sound patronising but you are missing some real basic knowledge of this program, so I'd strongly suggest doing all the tutorials that ship with Max before attempting anything else. They are designed to give you knowledge of all the basics.

I've had a quick read of that tut you linked and I'm not suprised that, as a newbie, you're getting lost! It's all a bit 'boom, straight in...gabble gabble' and if you don't know anything about the terms used it'll get well confusing.

You can look up some of the terms - like Multi/Sub-object material etc in the Max help file for an explanation. But I say again, do the tuts that ship with the product first. That will save you lots of future frustration. I have taught Max for many years and know how people can get really frustrated and lost by 'diving in'.

Good luck!

Steve whiteley
Animation Director
Gizmo Animation Limited

Return to posts index

WildfireRe: import/texturize object
by on Jun 12, 2006 at 12:17:25 pm

Yep as Steve says, start from the ground up, you need to walk before you can run. If you don't know the basics you'll never be able to understand the advanced stuff. Whilst a car isn't the most difficult thing in the world to model it is still chanllenging and you'll need basic understanding of 3D and the package to even get going.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved