3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

3ds MAx UV mapping

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
CoolMCCool3ds MAx UV mapping
by on Apr 6, 2006 at 4:34:42 am

Hey everyone.
I'm having a problem mapping out the UV coordinates properly. I've combined two different models and they look good together, but when I try to add a UV unwrap modifier the hair gets messed up as soon as I change any of the coordinates. I've tried to use its automatic settings and get the problem below:

I've also started to try to do it manually but everytime I change anything it gives me the same thing. I admit that I don't really know much about UV mapping and any help would be appriciated. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Ivon SmithRe: 3ds MAx UV mapping
by on Apr 12, 2006 at 11:03:43 pm

Looks like the texture is being projected directly onto the hair, which implies Planar mappinf or Flattened mapping is used by default there--which IS the case with Unwrap in max. Try Cylinder in the Unwrap mod, I dont think theres any use in going Pelt mapping (u in max8?)

I thik Cylinder will work best for that, then go Edit button and you can out put the flattened map to Photoshop for painting via the Tools menu

Return to posts index

ArtkorRe: 3ds MAx UV mapping
by on May 31, 2006 at 2:38:10 am

Perhaps moving the hair mod up the stack? Could also try saving your hair settings eliminate your current hair mod...add a new one after doing your mapping and import the setting.

Great souls have will,,,weak ones have wishes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved