3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Mental ray

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Crea_BeaMental ray
by on Mar 10, 2006 at 7:25:15 pm

Hi all,

last week I rendered a scene as a rpf sequence. Everything looks great, but there is a major problem. After precomposing (and even in AE itself) the animation looks not right. It almost looks like the framerate is not correct, but it is. It looks like it is ghosting.

The animation is made in PAL and is correctly intrepreted in After Effects. I don't know what could be wrong.
The problem should be in 3ds max. Does someone know what could be wrong in the render settings of mental ray and are there 'safe settings' that it should be working properly?

grtz Paul

Return to posts index

Frank RingwaldRe: Mental ray
by on Mar 10, 2006 at 8:16:51 pm

Hi Paul.

Did you render fields out of max? If yes, try to change the fieldorder of your AE composition. Maybe the wrong fieldorder and not any MR setting causes this ghosting.

hope it helps

Frank Ringwald
Digital Artist & Trainer
FX Garden, Berlin

Return to posts index

Crea_BeaRe: Mental ray
by on Mar 10, 2006 at 10:13:39 pm

Hi Frank,

thanks for the quick answer. (Unforunately) it isn't a field problem, I rendered it without them. My best guess is that it has to do with the anti-aliasing. I used the filter 'Box'. I think I have to increase it. The current samples per pixel are min.1 max. 16. Probable I should tweak it a bit. Hopefully it wil be better this time.

grtz Paul

ps: When I was experimenting in Photoshop I noticed a remarkable thing. When I am moving a contrast-rich picture quickly with the handtool, it shows the same problem as I am expiriencing in AE. Strange 'blocky' ghosting.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved