3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Intermitting Particle Systems?? - 3DSMax

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
975873Intermitting Particle Systems?? - 3DSMax
by on Nov 18, 2005 at 10:27:08 pm

I have F1'd particle systems and particle flow manager but cannot solve a problem for my animation. I am using a Super Spray System (Spheres) to emit a column of spheres that are close together and have a water texture to look like a slug of fluid. I require the Super Spray system to intermittently release the particles aka. fluid slug and then stop for X frames and then re-release. the slug again and repeat the process perpetually. The result should look like intermittent slugs of fluid with a space in between.

I researched alot and couldn't find a way to do this. So I started copying and pasting the same Super Spray System at different frames in my animation. Unfortunaetly, if I continue this route I will have about 500 Super Sprays and this seems too stupid to be the right way to do this.

How can I automate the intermittent particle release. I would assume it is with the particle flow manager but I can't figure it out. If I can't get it done my models kaput! Thanks for your help in advance!!!

Mike George

Return to posts index

Matt FrenchRe: Intermitting Particle Systems?? - 3DSMax
by on Nov 21, 2005 at 9:52:25 pm

Mike, if it is anything like PFlow, you can set keyframes on the "rate" the particles spawn. With the particle system selected, right click on choose "Curve editor" from the quad menu. Open up all the options for the PArray until you see "rate". You should be able to add keyframes and adjust the values for when the particles appear.

NB. This should work, however I don't have Max in front of me right now. I will check tonight when I get home if you still need help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved