3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Backwards Compatiblity Problems

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
IrishPhilBackwards Compatiblity Problems
by on Nov 7, 2005 at 5:37:47 pm

Hi all

Hope somebody can help me. Basically I am newish to 3DS Max. At my university we have version 5 and version 7, depending on which IT lab you are working in. I have been mainly working in the Lab with version 7. The other day when the version 7 lab was busy, i had to work with version 5, but I noticed that it would not load my .max files (something about missing .dll files). Does anybody know what I am doing wrong here. I tried just making a simple sphere and saving it without any filters or plugins applied. no luck.... Is there something that i am supposed to be doing to make my .max file backwards compatible? I hope somebody can help, I'm totally stumped on this one!!

Return to posts index

jimmy postRe: Backwards Compatiblity Problems
by on Nov 8, 2005 at 4:19:31 am

because max doesnt pay attention to what you need and they dont care, my advice? steal the latest version, even though it is worse, maybe it will be fixed someday.

Return to posts index

BigsmartyRe: Backwards Compatiblity Problems
by on Nov 16, 2005 at 10:09:27 pm

You will experience this problem if you try to open a version 7 file in version 5 because there have been additional plugins added to version 7 from version 5. Really backwards compatibility means you can open a version 5 file in version 7, not the other way around. You can export a mesh from an earlier version and then import it into the later version. File-> Export -> select the 3D Studio format .3ds.

Good Luck with Max

Return to posts index

doug shohaRe: Backwards Compatiblity Problems
by on Nov 23, 2005 at 2:53:42 am

Good luck with version 8 i agree steal it, max sucks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved