3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
by on Oct 21, 2005 at 5:59:45 pm

Got a little baking problem, I have a building which we need to bake so I have been experimenting with this all day.

For example with the external walls, I've made various sizes maps which have been aplied to the walls but no matter what size map I render the texture on the brick in the viewport always gets blocky. When I open the rendered map in Photoshop there is much more detail, can't work this out.

Return to posts index

Frank RingwaldRe: Baking.
by on Oct 21, 2005 at 6:42:30 pm

The qualitiy of the texture maps shown in the viewports, is only partly depending on the maps themself, but also on the performance of your graphiccard and the settings in the cg-driver you use in max. Take a look and make changes of the mapdensity there, to achieve improvements.

Hope it helps

Frank Ringwald
Digital Artist & Trainer
FX Garden, Berlin

Return to posts index

TaylormadefilmsRe: Baking.
by on Oct 22, 2005 at 9:38:25 am

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the advice, firstly I downloaded the newest nvidia driver for the card a Gainwood 128 meg dual head. Then tried the various settings I was set to Open GL which I use for Revit, the software driver was no good and I get an max script error when using Direct 3D driver I think this is the error mtlInstance = DirectX_9_Shader effectFile:fxFile. Direct X 9 is installed so I don't understand why I get this error.

By the way thanks for the advice on the DPS question

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved