3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

If you had 30 days...

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik Davis
If you had 30 days...
on Sep 28, 2005 at 8:26:55 pm

Hi, I have a tiny bit of Max experience of the past 2 years but nothing serious at all. I have a window of time coming up which is a little less than a month total. I am thinking about dedicated this time to learning parts of 3dsMax 7. I want my goal and focus to be television graphics in Max. Logos, text, light flares, etc. that I can use to spiff up my usual TV programming that I work on. I know this isn't very long but I am wondering what path the users on this group would recommend to fully take advantage of this time and come close to my goal of creating quality logos, text graphics etc. Go with the Discreet manuals? Try to find logo, text graphic tutorials and work on those? Particular 3rd part programs? Give up, it's impossible?

Erik

Return to posts index

Tom J
Re: If you had 30 days...
on Sep 28, 2005 at 9:28:38 pm

Just a few weeks ago, I posted this for someone seeking training.

http://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/new_read_post.cgi?forumid=18&postid=8...

Autodesk has some great material to learn from, short and to the point with a little flair. If that doesn't cut it for you, then I highly recommend John Chismar. When he came out on the market I wanted to review his books for folks but never could at the time, Project fell through somewhere. He is a really nice guy (met him personally a while back). Check out his awesome books (IMHO of course) on 3DS Max. "3ds Max Media Animation" both 3 and 4.

It may be some old information, but he definitely hits the shorter and to the point path, and he lets you jump right in and learn fast. In the end he leaves you with a good sense of confidence. Again these are older books, but you can adapt quite easily if you know your way aroung Max already.

Now some folks may not like his approach, but I gotta tell ya, he uses true real world examples, so say Good bye to the evil Tea Pot!!!

:>)
Tom

Return to posts index

Erik Davis
on Sep 30, 2005 at 9:12:47 pm

Thanks Tom for the tips. Not too many other responses huh... I guess this site doesn't get that much traffic. I will check into your suggestions and all the best to you.

Thanks,

Erik

Return to posts index

ronalds545
on Oct 5, 2005 at 2:38:11 pm

I second Tom's recommendation of John Chismar's Media Animation. It is an excellent book. John walks you through three large real-world projects step-by-step. By the time you complete the projects, you will have a good grasp of basic video and broadcast animation using 3ds Max. My only wish is that John would update the book for newer versions of Max, as the two books in circulation are for v.3 and v.4.

Return to posts index

Erik Davis
on Oct 7, 2005 at 2:05:17 am

Thanks again guys. I have ordered the book as I was very excited about the propect of learning detailed logo animation from a working professional.

Erik

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]