3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Is 3D Studio the best program for architectural modeling?

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
landarch95Is 3D Studio the best program for architectural modeling?
by on Sep 7, 2005 at 5:03:17 pm

I am a landscape architect and planner. My company wants to use 3D modeling for presentation purposes for various projects showing commercial and residential site plans. We are currently evaluating several different programs to use. Is 3D Studio the best program for architectural modeling? What about Lightwave, Maya or Cinema 4D? Thanks!

Return to posts index

anishmationsRe: Is 3D Studio the best program for architectural modeling?
by on Sep 9, 2005 at 12:54:19 am

Most of the best archi renders on the best galleries I found, are from Max. 3rd party renderers like Brazil and V-ray have raised the standards in MAX for even the basic archi rendering with the now-inevitable attributes like GI, radiosity and indirect illumination. Max has a neat set of attributes catering to the archi community, like with the built-in archi shaders, door/window/stair/wall standard primitives, a good collection of archi maps, etc. I prefer max for my few archi works.

Return to posts index

Frank RingwaldRe: Is 3D Studio the best program for architectural modeling?
by on Sep 9, 2005 at 9:56:11 am

Just to make the list complete. Max and Autocad are pretty well integrated. The .DWG fileformat provides an excelent dataexcange in the workflow from planing/constructing to visualisation. Since max 6 there are no 3rd party renderers need, to achieve global illumination or radiosity.

Best

Frank

Frank Ringwald
Digital Artist & Trainer
FX Garden, Berlin
http://www.fxgarden.de

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]