3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

What exactly is happening with these renderings?

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jae Morrison
What exactly is happening with these renderings?
on Aug 25, 2005 at 1:23:39 pm

Hello.

I am aiming to produce an animation of a tape being pulled out of a cassette player and put into a case -
the models that I am producing need to be high quality due to the closeness of the camera.

I am partway through producing the tape player, and if I preview how it looks with a basic skylight, the model looks great, - smooth surfaces, area shadows look good etc etc. - however, if i turn on radiosity, or use a spotlight with area shadows and radiosity, the model changes. parellel planes / surfaces appear to have different angles, the light is all over the place, and very inconsistent. - one guess is this has something to do with the physical scale of the model - being the size of a small tape player, - and the sample size of the light... - but really i dont know exactly what i am talking about.

I can email some images to someone if they are willing to help explain the what I am dealing with, but any small insight you can offer would be much appreciated. - trial and error is a very slow process indeed.

Thanks in advance.

Jae Morrison

Return to posts index

Frank Ringwald
Re: What exactly is happening with these renderings?
on Aug 25, 2005 at 2:47:26 pm

Hi Jae.

What you discribe, sounds like a scaling issue. If using radiosity, it

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]