3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

rotating text around a sphere at an angle

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pablo
rotating text around a sphere at an angle
on Aug 9, 2005 at 1:07:29 am

Hi,

This is seriously p@#%ing me off - i have a sphere - i have a line of text which ive used the bend modifier to wrap around it. Ive linked the text to the sphere. I then rotate the sphere 360(which rotates the text) and its all fine.

However, what i want is to tilt the whole animation on a slight angle and this is where my problem occurs as this casues the sphere and text to wobble which is not what i want. Ive tried everythign i can think of - doing the animation in the local view and roating around the local axis of the object but nothing works.

Can anyone help me out here?

Many thanks

Pablo

Return to posts index

plainman007
Re: rotating text around a sphere at an angle
on Aug 9, 2005 at 1:41:30 pm

Hi pablo,

Im new to the forum. So excuse me if im replying to you much later. I dunno if youve already got help on this issue. But i dont understand what you mean by tilt the entire animation slightly. If you looking at doing the stuff which u see on universal pictures. Its a globe and UNIVERSAL comes seprately without the globe moving. But the text envelopes the globe and comes to the front. That could be achieved by drawing a circle spline around the globe and give a path constraint to the text. The text will then be able to only movel along the circle spline. Like a train on tracks. Reply if im on the wrong track and we can solve this not to worry.

Bye

Return to posts index

viveck
on Aug 11, 2005 at 12:59:46 pm

add dummy parent to your globe and text. do whatever you want to do with the text and globe and then just rotate/tilt dummy

hope that helps

cheers
vB

Return to posts index

pablo
on Aug 14, 2005 at 3:56:20 am

Hey thanks VB - actually someone outlined this in another forum i posted on and in much more detail yet for some reason i couldnt figure it out. Then i read your one line and it makes perfect sense (and works!)

Cheers

Pablo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]