3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Simple question: converting vertexes for a spline. .

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arie Stavchansky
Simple question: converting vertexes for a spline. .
on Aug 8, 2005 at 6:27:46 pm

Hi There,

I'm not sure why I have trouble with this. I want to get the tangent-handles for a vertex that adjusts curvature in a spline. I like to create my shapes with sharp corners first, then go back an add in my curves where appropriate. How can I convert a linear vertext to one that allows me to adjust its curvature. I realize that you can select "Bezier" from the option once you select the vertex, but how do you pull out the handles?

Thanks!

Arie

Return to posts index

Frank Ringwald
Re: Simple question: converting vertexes for a spline. .
on Aug 8, 2005 at 7:48:35 pm

Hi Arie.

The best way to get a grip on the tangents is to set the vertices to smooth before you make them bezierpoints. This gives the spline a curvature and lets the handles move out.
If you still have trouble moving the tangents, go on segment sublevel and make shure, the segments are set to curve, instead of line.

hope it helps

Frank

Frank Ringwald
Digital Artist & Trainer
FX Garden, Berlin
http://www.fxgarden.de

Return to posts index

Arie Stavchansky
Re: Simple question: converting vertexes for a spline. .
on Aug 8, 2005 at 9:18:18 pm

Thank you for the response Frank, but I still don't understand how to ensure I can get the handles. I go into the sub level of the line and ensure the vertex is set to Bezier, and then I still don't see the handles. I don't understand why the interface designers to Max make it so difficult to adjust splines?

Arie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]