3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Anyone used RTsquare with max?

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pabloAnyone used RTsquare with max?
by on Jul 26, 2005 at 9:58:33 am

The other day I stumbled across a product called RTsquare which claims to be a GPU accelerated renderer. Essentially there is a plug-in which allows you to export your max scenes, including animations and then this RTsquare software uses any GPU with DX9 and Pixel shader 2.0 to render it out in real time - including raytracing!

The company is GPUtech: http://www.gputech.com and they offer a demo of version 1 to download. Unfortunately i have been unable to get it to work using my max scenes and it crashes a lot. Supposedly v2 is out but they dont appear to be offering a demo.

Whats really weird is that I can find no trace of a review anywhere on the web. They have released a few 'press release' posts on the various 3d forums but other than that their is nada.

Price wise its almost to good to be true, especially considering what you need to spend to run Gelato, not to mention the physics degree required to operate it. I was wondering if anyone has ever tried it, used it, heard of someone using it...anything really.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved