3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

framebuffer for 3ds max & ae

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Hansonframebuffer for 3ds max & ae
by on Jul 25, 2005 at 12:50:59 pm

That's pretty much the gist of it :-)
Can anyone recommend a few video I/O cards that will work with the above s/w combo ? My 3D guru is in Brazil and I'm from a good old fashioned 2d TV background.
Thanks in advance,
Chris Hanson
Touchvision - South Africa.

Return to posts index

Frank RingwaldRe: framebuffer for 3ds max & ae
by on Jul 25, 2005 at 7:51:02 pm

Hi Chris.

Framebuffer for AE, that's someting that makes sense to me. But I'm not an AE-man, I am a combustioneer. So there is nothing I can say.

But a framebuffer for 3ds max? What should be shown? The rendered output? This,in a usual workflow you mostly put into a compositingtool, like AE or c, or a NLE for postproduction anyways.

Nerver mind

Frank Ringwald
Digital Artist & Trainer
FX Garden, Berlin

Return to posts index

Chris HansonRe: framebuffer for 3ds max & ae
by on Jul 26, 2005 at 9:29:20 am

Hi Frank,
Thanks for the response. The main need for the framebuffer would be for AE, but viewing final renders out of max without having to jump into other apps would be usefull. Much like c*, viewing comps etc on a proper broadcast monitor is always safer than relying on PC monitors.
chris - touchvision.

Return to posts index

karlRe: framebuffer for 3ds max & ae
by on Jul 28, 2005 at 11:08:13 am

the matrox RTX100 has a framebuffer for 3DSMax and AE. Rendered images are sent to the framebuffer in Max.

Return to posts index

sean cussonRe: framebuffer for 3ds max & ae
by on Sep 14, 2005 at 12:43:55 am

The RTX.100 stopped supporting output in Max since Version 7 at least. I know, I have one. It's a shame but matrox is lousy for updating the drivers for this card.

Sean Cusson
Q media design

Return to posts index

viveckRe: framebuffer for 3ds max & ae
by on Aug 11, 2005 at 12:53:27 pm

there was a time when DPS Perception use to have max support and also pencil render but that was long time ago. I haven't had a time to test DPS reality but it won't be a bad idea if you could ask dps/leitch tech support.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved