3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Using combustion as texturepainter for 3ds max... Now it works!!!

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank RingwaldUsing combustion as texturepainter for 3ds max... Now it works!!!
by on Apr 7, 2005 at 11:50:22 am

Hi to those, who tried to use combustion as a texturepainter for 3ds max maps and were driven creazy.

Combustion feeding max with maps was always propagated as a main part of the max/c integration, but in my experience never realy worked stable. The connection between both tools was to shakey and the "high ping", indicating that the communication died again made me desperate.

But this has an end.

With c4 the developers of AM&E fka discreet seem to have revised this feature and now it's stable and has a state it always pretended to have. Even big c workspaces, animations, painting on the max object, everything OK.

HURRAH!!! and thanks to the guys

says

Frank

Frank Ringwald
Digital Artist & Trainer
FX Garden, Berlin
http://www.fxgarden.de

Return to posts index

Eric RussellRe: Using combustion as texturepainter for 3ds max... Now it works!!!
by on Jan 15, 2008 at 3:12:41 pm

I'm using Combustion 4 with 3ds max 9, and trying to use C4 as a displacement map. I'm getting very frustrated, following all the tutorials and the help guides, but once I hit the step where C4 loads from 3DS, I hit a brick wall:

The material in the Material Editor is black, even when I use a gray background and paint all over it with white.

The displacement works fine. The black map that C4 is "supplying" sinks the flat box I'm working with wonderfully, but I don't get anything more than that.

Please answer quick. I'll be pummeling a pillow to its death in the meantime.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]