APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Modifying Stock Transitions in Motion to Smooth Motion Curves

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Kasey Gay
Modifying Stock Transitions in Motion to Smooth Motion Curves
on Jun 17, 2020 at 12:55:08 am

Hey team!

I'm wanting to see if it's possible to modify the stock transitions in FCPX and smooth out the curves a bit.

I'm a big fan of this guy on youtube. He makes really good video essays and a lot of his touch is pretty simple slide ins-and-outs to get elements on and off screen.

I was hoping I'd be able to just open the transitions into motion 5, and diddle with the motion curves to smooth them out so I could simply drop those transitions onto PNG objects and slip them on and off the screen.

I'm still new to motion though, and playing with the curves seems less intuitive than in After Effects.

I can't really figure out a simple graph editor element inside of motion. Am I hoping for too much and needing to transition to after effects?

Return to posts index

Kasey Gay
Re: Modifying Stock Transitions in Motion to Smooth Motion Curves
on Jun 17, 2020 at 12:57:51 am

Return to posts index

Kasey Gay
on Jun 17, 2020 at 1:01:03 am

Sorry team,

This is the example. Obviously some of the more xcomplex and multifaceted animations would be portable to a simple 'transition' push in and out. But if I was just wanting to do the simplified versions, I wonder if it couldn't be made to work,

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on Jun 17, 2020 at 8:50:47 am

You appear to have only discovered the Video Timeline. What you need in order to adjust animation curves is the Keyframe Editor which you can find in the Window menu. It will give you all the control you need.

Simon Ubsdell

hawaiki

Return to posts index

Kasey Gay
on Jun 20, 2020 at 6:49:05 pm

Thanks so much Simon!
Your youtube tutorials are awesome.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]