APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

multiple stills form a single image

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Raichl
multiple stills form a single image
on Oct 10, 2019 at 9:10:43 pm

I have a client that wants to do a "slide show" presentation. After showing a number of pictures of employees doing fun things, she wants all the stills to morph into or somehow form the event logo. Make sense? I'm sure there's a plug-in or software program for this, but I don't know how to describe it in a search. Here's an example:

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: multiple stills form a single image
on Oct 21, 2019 at 4:21:25 pm
Last Edited By Mark Suszko on Oct 23, 2019 at 2:50:35 pm

In AE I think this is a variation on the effect called "card flip"; you know, like when people in a sports stadium flip colored cards to make images and giant letters. Or look up "Card Dance" in AfterEffects.

The one time I did something like this in Motion, I think I used particles to make the word, using image wells as the particle sources, to "explode" the overall image, and created or played the thing "backwards". It was pretty long ago, and I remember I was using a cheap windows program called "Photo Montage" or something, to build up shapes and textures out of folders of stills. The program went thru the folder and characterized each still in it according to an overall grayscale value, and then matched those stills to a grayscale target image to use as the "pixels" for that image. The Target image could be made from text on white, obviously.

I think there's probably easier plug-ins designed for this now, I'd check Motion VFX and Adobe for templates to do it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]