APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Combine Splines and add moving path

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter SilieCombine Splines and add moving path
by on Oct 31, 2016 at 5:16:21 pm

Sorry, if I use strange descriptions, but I'm using the german version and have to guess what this is called in english.

I want to animate a small car driving along my tour. First I created a very long path (as a spline). Firts this worked fine. But it produced some severe problems, when I was not able to add further points. So my new approach is to create several parts of the tour, group them and use this complete one for animating the car. But I don't get it handled as one single spline. The group does not get the optiony nor settings a spline offers. Do I have to assign the graphics of the car to each spline in the group again and again?
Is there an option to join the many splines to a new single one? In this case I can edit the smaller parts and then join them to be used by the animation.

Return to posts index

Mark SpencerRe: Combine Splines and add moving path
by on Nov 8, 2016 at 2:26:42 pm

You can't join splines together but you should certainly be able to add more points to an existing spline by Option-clicking on it. You might want to take a look at this:

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Peter SilieRe: Combine Splines and add moving path
by on Nov 8, 2016 at 7:02:19 pm

Yes, in most cases I could add. But in this case it seems to be damaged internally. So when I try to add a point it is placed somewhere else and far away from the mouse position. Even rebooting didn't solve that problem. Maybe to much points in one spline??

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]