APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

how to change the resolution of the drop zone (I don't want it to be landscape mode / widescreen)

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Paul
how to change the resolution of the drop zone (I don't want it to be landscape mode / widescreen)
on Oct 10, 2016 at 5:58:23 pm

I would like to apologize in advance for such a basic question . I am using Motion for the first time in my life because it seems like an amazing tool in combination with Final Cut Pro X so I want to switch from After Effects to Motion.

I want to create a Motion template where I have a collection of photos like passport / ID photos (where the height is greater than it's width) . Now when I create a dropzone I only get a widescreen / landscape mode dropzone (width > height). Now such passport pictures are exactly the opposite of landscape. I've already tried to crop the drop zone but that doesn't seem to do the trick and when I change it to the desired size by transforming it it loses all its proportions and thus the photos get messed up. So is there any way to get rid of the landscape mode dropzone or do I see a problem where there is no problem and I will just have to arrange each picture by hand in FCPX afterwards? Of course it would be easier and save me a bunch of time if the dropzone had already the right proportions of my photos.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: how to change the resolution of the drop zone (I don't want it to be landscape mode / widescreen)
on Oct 11, 2016 at 3:42:01 pm

You shouldn't need to change the resolution or aspect ratio of a drop zone. It will accept any content you add to it in FCP X. And you can use the Pan and Scale controls to adjust the position and size of the content.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]