APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Inner shadow and/or round bevel- how?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tangier Clarke
Inner shadow and/or round bevel- how?
on Sep 23, 2016 at 9:18:16 pm

Folks, I have been trying to figure out how to use the tools built into Motion 5 to get an inner shadow like the image below and I haven't been able to figure it out. I tried using the bevel filter in hopes of shaping it somehow with not luck.
Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
Re: Inner shadow and/or round bevel- how?
on Sep 24, 2016 at 8:28:15 am
Last Edited By Simon Ubsdell on Sep 24, 2016 at 8:47:27 am

The Indent filter is your friend here.

Make a Rectangle with an outline that is brighter than the fill and apply the Indent filter to that and you will get this effect. Increase the Softness value to increase the "bevel" effect.

(If your outline is darker than your fill, you will get a bevel that goes the other way, i.e a receding bevel, rather than a raised one.)

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Sep 25, 2016 at 4:29:50 pm

Very nice. Thank you. Doesn't quite give the same effect, but it's close. The image I sent doesn't seem to have an outline like that, but is more pressed in. This is very easy to do in Photoshop. I was hoping to be able to simulate this in Motion, but it seems no capable to provide that real inner shadow effect the same way.

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on Sep 25, 2016 at 5:18:19 pm

Not sure what you're still having a problem with. Here's a sample project which might help you.

10616_motionbevel.motn.zip

You should be able to get it looking pretty much identical to your example. The Indent filter isn't doing anything different from what you get with a Photoshop bevel.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Sep 26, 2016 at 12:32:33 am

Thanks for that. I did some more playing with it and looking at your file.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]