APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Better way to distribute frames for scrolling mural - how?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tangier Clarke
Better way to distribute frames for scrolling mural - how?
on Jun 16, 2016 at 6:38:58 pm

Folks, I am making something pretty basic - a sliding panel of full frame HD images. I wanted to know there's a more efficient way of doing this to distribute each image.

Right now, I have all of the layers stacked and then I proceed to move each image to the right in multiples of 1920 pixels; so frames are outside the viewing workspace. The group will then be animated to the left; essentially a horizontal image scroll.

I've tried a few behaviors trying to link, repel, custom parameters, etc. but haven't come up with anything yet.

I was wondering if there's a faster/more efficient way to distribute these frames edge to edge with any of Motion's built in features. None of the alignment/distribute options have worked or rather I am just not using them correctly.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
Re: Better way to distribute frames for scrolling mural - how?
on Jun 17, 2016 at 11:05:39 am

[Tangier Clarke] "None of the alignment/distribute options have worked or rather I am just not using them correctly."

I guessing the latter. ;) It's simple math actually. Say for example you have six HD (1920x1080) layers. If you wanted them all to be positioned horizontally so that they touch edge to edge, you'd simply position one at (+ or -) 9600 pixels of another, with all the others somewhere in-between or simply on top of each other. Then simply select Alignment -> Distribute Horizontal Centers and bingo… all lined up. If you want a space between them, you simply up the 9600 by whatever you need.

Before:

After:

- RK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]