APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Motion path and snap alignment to motion for changed timing (Motion 5.2.2)

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter SilieMotion path and snap alignment to motion for changed timing (Motion 5.2.2)
by on May 25, 2016 at 3:40:43 pm

I'm trying to move a shape along a spline. I inserted a shape, created a spline, added Motion path and "snap alignment to motion" to the shape object. Now I want to "resize" the time for completely move along the spline. But if I reduce the duration, the shape simply disappears half the way. How can I set, that the movement should be done from start to end while visible?

Return to posts index

Simon UbsdellRe: Motion path and snap alignment to motion for changed timing (Motion 5.2.2)
by on May 25, 2016 at 4:23:32 pm

Reduce the duration of the Motion Path behavior.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

Peter SilieRe: Motion path and snap alignment to motion for changed timing (Motion 5.2.2)
by on May 25, 2016 at 6:59:58 pm

I have to translate, so I hope my translation match the real one. :-)

I select the bezier item, then in properties the last box is "timing". There is an "in point", "out point" and "duration". If I reduce duration there or use the mouse and drag the end of the bezier bar to the left, nothing changes, except that the path will disapper sooner. It seems that from start to end it needs exactly the complete duration of the entire project.

Return to posts index

Simon UbsdellRe: Motion path and snap alignment to motion for changed timing (Motion 5.2.2)
by on May 25, 2016 at 7:58:55 pm

Do not shorten the duration of your bezier layer or your object layer. Shortening your object layer will make it disappear early. (Actually it doesn't matter if you shorten the bezier path, but it won't achieve what you want.)

Simply shorten the duration of the Motion Path behavior itself.

You can do this by setting the playhead to the place where you want the animation to end and with the Motion Path selected hitting "O (for Out) on the keyboard. Or you can drag the end of the Motion Path so that it ends at the right place.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

Peter SilieRe: Motion path and snap alignment to motion for changed timing (Motion 5.2.2)
by on May 26, 2016 at 5:37:43 pm

Sorry, I'm realy a beginner in Motion.

"shorten the duration of the Motion Path behavior": When using the english documentation of apple there is also a hint to do that, but no description how, no screenshot at all.

The behaviour is the motion path, right?. I selected it. But there I couldn't find any "duration" control:

I used "geometric" to follow the path.
How could I shorten the duration of the Motion Path behavior?

Return to posts index

by on May 26, 2016 at 7:08:46 pm

Grab the end of the Motion Path, either in the mini Timeline or the main Timeline, and pull it with the mouse. (See the red arrows in the screengrab - either of those places.) As you drag left, the behavior will become shorter.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

by on May 26, 2016 at 7:20:22 pm

From now till the end of the month there is 40% off all Ripple Training Motion tutorials - I would strongly recommend that you have a look at the Getting Started video.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

by on May 28, 2016 at 4:33:49 pm

Thank you for the hint. I think I'm going to order that.

Return to posts index

by on May 28, 2016 at 4:36:19 pm

Yes, that was the solution. It seems that I could not change start and end, only moving it. But when removing and adding that "Motion Path" again, it automatically matches the start and end of the corresponding item. Thank you very much.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]