Doing "free transform" for Apple Motion 5

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John McGrathDoing "free transform" for Apple Motion 5
by on May 11, 2016 at 11:39:54 pm

Product: Apple Motion 5
Computer - Macbook Pro
Apple Motion Version 5.2.3

Right now, I own both FInal Cut Pro X and Apple Motion 5. I toyed around a little bit with the default parameters and the masking. However, I am having trouble doing the "free transform" that involves moving the control points from the mask to stretch a portion of an image, not affecting the whole source image / video.

As far as I know, the technique of a free transform is applicable for Adobe After Effects with the video below:

So far, Motion 5 does not have an official solution for free transform, and I wonder if anyone in the Apple Motion 5 community knows how to replicate the effect quite closely?

I tried the CHV plugins under the Morphing FX section, but neither of those allow me to to free-form transformation with control points from a draw mask / path.

It would be very helpful if anyone provided solutions that match the expectation of the "free transform" based on the draw mask.

Motion 5, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), MacBook Pro 8 GB RAM

Return to posts index

Mark SpencerRe: Doing "free transform" for Apple Motion 5
by on May 12, 2016 at 12:24:23 am

There is no way to do a mesh warp or free distort in Motion or FCP X without plugins. One feature I'd really like to see added.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Nayeli Garci-CrespoRe: Doing "free transform" for Apple Motion 5
by on May 12, 2016 at 2:20:09 pm

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but if you create a shape in Motion, you can free transform it by changing your tool from the arrow (Transform) to Edit Points. You can then individually move each point of the shape, and you can even apply keyframes to animate it.

Return to posts index

Bret WilliamsRe: Doing "free transform" for Apple Motion 5
by on May 12, 2016 at 9:53:17 pm

That. Retain oh animates the mask shape, but it doesn't warp/transform the fill/background which Inthink the OP is getting at.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]