APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Looping animation between Build-in and Build-out markers

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Katie Wood
Looping animation between Build-in and Build-out markers
on Apr 27, 2016 at 3:51:57 pm

I'm trying to build a lower thirds template for FCP in Motion that has scrolling words in the background. I want to have build-in and build-out animation too and be able to retime the title in FCP depending on the project. Right now the middle part just stretches and the scrolling words slow down or speed up when the title duration is changed. From everything I've read, there really isn't a solution since Project Loop Markers and Build-out markers cancel each other out. I've also tried using a loop behavior on an .mov version of the scrolling words in Motion and it still speeds up and slows down when stretched in FCP. If anyone has any ideas please help! Right now, my best idea is to build two different templates. One that loops and one that builds out and use them together when needed. But that doesn't help me much if I ever want to shorten the title template much and it seems like there should be a way to do this within Motion. Please help!

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Looping animation between Build-in and Build-out markers
on Apr 27, 2016 at 5:09:46 pm

I think you are pushing up against the limitations of publishing Motion templates - you need to choose one or the other.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Katie Wood
Re: Looping animation between Build-in and Build-out markers
on Apr 27, 2016 at 10:44:01 pm

I was afraid of that. Ok, thanks!

Return to posts index