APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Simple transition changes duration in FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andre van Berlo
Simple transition changes duration in FCPX
on Mar 22, 2016 at 5:13:43 pm

Hi,

After checking a quick video from Mac Break Studio on audio only transitions here http://www.provideocoalition.com/audio-only-cross-fades-in-final-cut-pro-x/ I'd thought I'd make me one.

For my particular project I need a super short crossfade, the total transition being about 6-8 frames. I created the transition in motion and published it, so far so good. Now when I apply the transition, instead of the length I gave it: 6 frames, it is (I think) 24 frames long or whatever the default is.

So did I do something wrong here? Or is it that when I create a transition in Motion the duration of it will always be a certain default set by FCPX no matter what duration I set for it in motion?

Any help is welcome,

Thanks,

André

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
Re: Simple transition changes duration in FCPX
on Mar 23, 2016 at 9:50:13 am

[Andre van Berlo] "it is (I think) 24 frames long or whatever the default is. "

You kinda just answered the question yourself. Whatever the default setting for transition duration is in FCP X is of course the duration they will be when inserted into your project, yes.

OR you check the "Override FCP" box under the duration in the project properties panel. Whichever suits you best.

- RK

Return to posts index

Andre van Berlo
Re: Simple transition changes duration in FCPX
on Mar 23, 2016 at 5:50:41 pm

Thanks so much Robin! I knew there was a default setting in FCPX but I didn't want all my transitions to be that short, just this one. I wrongly assumed that a custom made transition with a different duration would automatically override FCPX settings so I totally missed the "Override FCP" box in motion. This really saves me so much time so thanks again!

André

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]