APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Generator question

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
Generator question
on Feb 8, 2016 at 9:53:04 pm

I decided to go ahead and do my own countdown leader. I did it at 24 FPS in Motion. Will this work for all frame rates inside of Final Cut or will I need to do one for each frame rate?

Second question here. I am wanting to know if it is possible to create a custom thumbnail for a generator when searching through the generator browser. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Don Eitner
Re: Generator question
on Feb 9, 2016 at 2:48:39 am

I believe I can answer your second question. Now I did this a couple of years ago I think in Motion 5.0.x or 5.1.x, but I took screen grabs using VLC from the preview video which Motion created for my generators/effects/transitions and saved them at 640x360 (named that one large.png) and also at 192x108 (named that one small.png). Placed them in the Motion project's folder alongside the preview video and they show up just fine.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Feb 9, 2016 at 3:15:36 am

Thank you. I answered my first question already. I have to create a countdown leader separately for each frame rate. Tried to use a speed conform but also discovered that speed changes cannot be applied to generators.

Thank you for your reply and will give it a try.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Feb 9, 2016 at 10:19:57 am

[David Mathis] "I have to create a countdown leader separately for each frame rate."

Not if they are set up correctly and don't themselves contain footage that has a certain timebase, no. Otherwise every single existing title, transition etc. would also need to be created for individual fps also. Any given title etc. doesn't speed up or slow down depending on a projects timebase. A second is a second.

- RK

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Feb 10, 2016 at 2:00:09 am

Trying to figure out the animation of this circle:

Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Feb 11, 2016 at 7:59:14 pm

The clock wipe? Make a circle shape, no fill. Make the stroke huge until it fills a whole circle. Turn off the curved end points. Animate the stroke begin and end points.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]