APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Motion path behaviour not, er, behaving.

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gareth RandallMotion path behaviour not, er, behaving.
by on Nov 12, 2015 at 10:48:58 am
Last Edited By Gareth Randall on Nov 12, 2015 at 11:50:38 am

I'm building a project involving a karoake-style bouncing ball hopping over the lyrics to a song. Very easily done with a Bezier shape to define the path and the motion path behaviour set to "custom" speed, with speed keyframes on every bounce point.

My problem is that I can only do the first line of the song. When I try to animate the second line, I do everything the exact same way, but the motion path behaviour stops working. I apply the geometry, set it to "custom", and then when I move the speed slider the ball doesn't move with it. I can make the ball move with the "offset" slider, but that's all.

Note the screengrab. This is what happens when I add the second motion path behaviour and then set the speed to "custom". The keyframes appear in empty space to the right of where they should be. Dragging them back into the correct relationship with the motion path behaviour does not fix the problem.

As of now, my only option appears to be build each line in a new project starting at 00:00:00:00 and then join them all together after they're rendered out.

EDIT - just tried that. New project, same problem - ball not responding to movements of the speed slider. I've trashed the prefs and will try again...

Return to posts index

Robin S. KurzRe: Motion path behaviour not, er, behaving.
by on Nov 13, 2015 at 10:14:27 am

Not sure what's going on there, but I also once did something similar and simply used my Wacom to draw the animation in realtime on playback with the active record button. Much more "organic" of course, but VERY quickly done and always editable after the fact if needed.

- RK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]