APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Importing new content to keep in Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark SuszkoImporting new content to keep in Motion
by on Oct 30, 2015 at 4:50:12 pm
Last Edited By Mark Suszko on Oct 30, 2015 at 4:58:08 pm

So I have some content (image files and .mov files with alphas) on DVD and i want to add these to Motion's permanent collection of content. Online help is surprisingly unhelpful as to how to do this: it always assumes I mean importing a file or two to use in a current project, but no; I want to have this stuff in Motion's permanent content collection. So... what's the right way to do that, all in one go? Please don't tell me I have to import each piece one at a time and re-save it.

Return to posts index

Robin S. KurzRe: Importing new content to keep in Motion
by on Oct 31, 2015 at 5:56:19 pm

I'm not aware of any way of adding objects to the Contents, but you can save anything (even individual layers, effects, groups etc. etc.) as a FAVORITE. In which case it will be permanently available form that folder. Or even the favorites MENU if you like.

- RK

Return to posts index

Matt GaluszewskiRe: Importing new content to keep in Motion
by on Nov 1, 2015 at 1:46:44 am

I may be misunderstanding you but I have nothing to loose to tell you what I do when I have some mov and image files that I reuse all the time.

There are 2 ways;

Using finder

Create a folder in ~/Library/Application Support/ Motion/Library/Content

So if the client is CREATIVE COW create a folder for example ~/Library/Application Support/ Motion/Library/Content/Creative Cow.

Place the files in there and they immediately appear in motion in the Library Content folder.

Using motion

Import the files you want to use in to a new or existing project.

Drag the files or copy and paste them from the motion media window to the Library Content folder.

Return to posts index

Robin S. KurzRe: Importing new content to keep in Motion
by on Nov 1, 2015 at 1:43:55 pm

Interesting! Hadn't looked into this before. Nice tip. Whereby we're talking about the Library folder of YOUR USER. Unfortunately doesn't work globally via the main Library.

- RK

Return to posts index

Matt GaluszewskiRe: Importing new content to keep in Motion
by on Nov 1, 2015 at 7:11:38 pm

I have added content to the main Library folder using the finder method but it doesn't do a live update in Motion. Motion needs to be restarted after which the items appear in Motion's content folder.

I do recall however losing this content once when performing a motion update and then another time I didn't.

I think it's a lot safer to save in the User library folder.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]