APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Master audio breaks with "Undo"

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy DolphinMaster audio breaks with "Undo"
by on Aug 14, 2015 at 11:59:21 am

My first post here, so hopefully I'm following forum protocol...

I'm new to Motion but getting my head around it. Today I hit a problem where the audio track stopped playing. I noticed the Master track had been switched off but it would not switch back on.

After much trial and error, things eventually worked after copying all layers to a new file and adding the audio again. But then the Master track switched off again after I'd continued editing.

I've discovered the track turns off when I perform an "undo", either in the keyframe editor or on a layer (maybe elsewhere too?). Once it turns off, I cannot turn it back on. The "tick" appears and disappears immediately.

I've trashed prefs both manually and by using CMD+OPTION-Restart. Neither has worked. I even tried various combinations of Key-modifier+Z to see if I could toggle the "CMD+Z", but no joy.

I found two old threads here with the same problem but neither solved my problem.

Return to posts index

Andy DolphinRe: Master audio breaks with "Undo"
by on Aug 14, 2015 at 3:38:33 pm

UPDATE: (I assume I can't edit my previous post?)

I tried clicking lots of things to see if I could unlock the Master control. Eventually I discovered the solo control in the right-click menu of the audio file in the project panel. Clicking this re-enabled the audio.

Oddly, clicking the small headphone solo icon, as I had earlier, did not work. If it happens again I'll try the keyboard shortcut and see if that works.

Still, I'm left wondering why undoing an action should have any effect on the audio master.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]