APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Somebody enlighten me on pasting keyframes

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bret WilliamsSomebody enlighten me on pasting keyframes
by on Jul 31, 2015 at 12:00:11 am

Why is copying and pasting keyframes so bizarre? In this case, I have a set of scale keyframes on a group. I highlight the group in timeline. Then highlight the keyframes in the timeline and cmd+c. Then I highlight a duplicate of the group and press cmd+v and it pastes the keyframes INTO the group on the first layer of the group. Only animating one element.

So I try it in the keyframe editor. Marquee the keyframes. Cmd+c or right click and choose copy. Then go to the keyframe editor of the other group and cmd+v. Nothing. Right clicking doesn't even give a paste option.

What am I missing?

Return to posts index

Don SmithRe: Somebody enlighten me on pasting keyframes
by on Aug 3, 2015 at 6:41:38 pm

In the keyframe editor place the playhead where you want the copied key frames to go. Then drag select the keyframes you want to to be the source keyframes and then CMD-C followed immediately by CMD-V. That's it! CMD-C will copy the selected keyframes and CMD-V will cause the copies to appear where the playhead is. Dirt simple!

Don Smith - NewsVideo.com

NewsVideo.com

Return to posts index

Bret WilliamsRe: Somebody enlighten me on pasting keyframes
by on Aug 3, 2015 at 10:13:17 pm

You'd think. But I copy the Keyframes. Then move to the group I wish to paste to, and they insist on pasting to the first layer in the group (which is not selected in any way) . Stumped.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]