APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Motion Blur plugin for Motion 5?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andreas Zeitler
Motion Blur plugin for Motion 5?
on Jul 18, 2015 at 9:56:32 am

Hi,

Is there a Motion Blur plugin for Motion? I have had good results with Trails, but as of my last post, it does not work so well in 3D projects. I'm also not 100 percent sold on the look. I would much rather have a "real" motion blur. I know there's the project-wide setting for it, but that doesn't cut it, because I typically want to apply this effect onto a couple of shapes only. I searched through FXFactory as well, and was quite surprised to find nothing in there.

One of the last things I did was tinker around with rigs and null objects. Normally, when I don't want to use it as much, I just use a ramp or oscillate effect and use one half of a period to make a zoom blur increase and decrease its amount while moving, and then stopping. But that workflow is really complicated if you have a bunch of objects to apply this effect to. I would much rather have something generic that I can just throw on a couple of objects and be done with it. I saw WideTime being recommended, but that one doesn't look so sharp. Trails is good, and Zoom Blur, I found.

Any recommendations welcome. If there's something to buy, please tell me.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Marco Feil
Re: Motion Blur plugin for Motion 5?
on Jul 18, 2015 at 12:39:27 pm

You should try ReelSmart Motion Blur.

Return to posts index

Andreas Zeitler
on Jul 18, 2015 at 2:18:26 pm

Thanks. Looks good, but is this plugin working for you? I downloaded the trial and it doesn't affect objects on the canvas at all. Exporting the movie makes Motion not respond anymore.

Return to posts index

Marco Feil
on Jul 18, 2015 at 3:20:15 pm

Works for me. Might be that you applied the filter directly to an animated layer? This way the filter moves with the object, so it doesn't see any movement (if that makes any sense). Try applying it to the group.

Return to posts index

Andreas Zeitler
on Jul 18, 2015 at 4:49:56 pm

Weird. It doesn't for me. The first thing that I tried was applying it to a group, because otherwise Trails wouldn't work either.

Return to posts index

Marco Feil
on Jul 18, 2015 at 5:31:25 pm

Hm.. I don't know then. Most of the time I just use Motion's project settings for motion blur with 12-16 samples, 180°. that looks ok and is relatively fast to render.

Return to posts index

Andreas Zeitler
on Jul 18, 2015 at 5:54:30 pm

Yes, only I need it on certain objects, and want to be able to turn it off and back on again, and it would be nice if it would work in Motion only. :D Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]